With plentiful job opportunities in a wonderful climate, it is easy to see why many families are eager to move to the City of Angels. There are many homes and condos for sale in Los Angeles. However, if your credit score is subpar, then you will face an uphill battle getting the right home.
Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to improve your score before you look at places to live. Here are 10 easy steps that will put those Venice Beach townhomes for sale within reach.
- Dispute any errors you find on your credit report.
- Get a credit card if you do not have one already.
- Pay off debts with the lowest balances or ones with the lowest interest rates.
- Pay all of your bills on time, which includes rent, utilities and credit cards.
- Keep all of your credit accounts open, even if you do not use them often.
- Improve your credit utilization ratios. Ideally, you should only spend 30% of your limit on your credit cards.
- Benefit from score-boosting programs, such as UltraFICO and Experian Boost, that will allow you to enhance a thin credit profile with additional financial information.
- Time out when you check on your applications. If you check too frequently, then you could get dinged on your next credit report.
- Be patient, knowing it could take several years before you see your credit score improve.
- Create a solid plan to boost your credit score that allows you to avoid the common credit report pitfalls so many other people fall into.
Buying a Home Can Soon Be a Reality
The higher your credit score is, the better the loan rates you will qualify for. When you plan on buying a house in Los Angeles, you need every advantage you can get your hands on. You can start talking to Los Angeles brokers today to see if you can get any other helpful tips.